CAREER COACHING PROGRAMME
If you are looking for a career coach in London, I’m your guy. Career coaching is what most of my clients see me for, mostly because they desire a career change at 40 or later.
Times are changing: more and more people are fed up with the old working model of sticking to one career until their retirement, even if that career sucks all the energy out of them. We work about 90,000 hours in our lifetime, so we better make sure that we love what we do. Life is too short to waste it in a career we don’t enjoy!
If you too want more from your life, we can work together to bring more fulfilment, success and excitement into your career – whether that’s in your current job, a new one or an entirely different profession.
WHY WORK WITH ME?
Most of my clients who hire me as their career coach are at a point where they are dissatisfied with what they do for a living. They may be bored, burned out, frustrated or even depressed by their job. What they have in common is a desire to escape the daily grind. They know that there must be more for them in life.
However, they have no idea what else they could do. They think of themselves as trapped in their current profession. “I’ve been a lawyer all my life, so what else could I possibly do?” Often they are also concerned about the risks of making such a significant change.
That’s where I come in.
I can take you through a series of processes that will help you understand:
- I can take you through a series of processes that will help you understand:
- what you really want from your career, and your life generally
- what your transferable skills are
- what new career options you can create
I will also be at your side as a soundboard to discuss your ideas, provide emotional support, improve your mindset and help you stick to the goals you set for yourself.
IS CAREER COACHING RIGHT FOR YOU?
Working with me will be right for you if you:
- are thinking about a career change or a change of employers
- want to leave your job to set up your own business
- want more success and fulfilment in your career
- suffer from high levels of stress or even burnout
- want to find more meaning in what you do for a living
You can take this brief online test to establish whether coaching may be right for you.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHETHER IT’S TIME TO CHANGE YOUR CAREER?
If you listen to your own inner voice, you probably know whether it’s time to change your career. You know whether your job inspires you or drags you down; whether you are growing professionally or wasting your potential; whether you feel fulfilled or without purpose.
Here are a few symptoms that you may be experiencing if you are not in the right job:
- You dread Monday mornings
- You feel stuck in the daily grind
- You can only get through the day with lots of sugar and caffeine
- You are bored or frustrated by your work
- You suffer from stress or even burnout
- You experience mood swings or depression
- You numb your dissatisfaction with too much food, alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, or by watching too much TV
- Work sucks all energy out of you
- You resent the people you work with
- You feel you are missing out in life
- Your personal relationships suffer because of your work
- You fall ill more often than others
If that’s you, do listen to those warning signs. I experienced most of the above symptoms but failed to pay attention. I burned out badly and fell seriously ill for two years. I don’t want this for you!
This topic is so dear to me that I wrote an entire book about job satisfaction: Falling in Love with Your Job – How to create more fulfilment and excitement in your career, which is available on Amazon.
Let’s find a better job for you now.
How does CAREER COACHING work?
We will create a bespoke programme based on your personal goals and challenges. Most likely, we will start by taking stock of your current career: what’s working and what’s not. From there we can discuss what specifically you are looking for in your next job or career. You may already have some ideas for alternative careers that we can work through, but if not we can explore your options together.
In a series of coaching sessions, I will guide you through a number of processes and psychometric tests that will establish:
- what matters to you most in life
- what activities you love doing most
- your transferable skills
- your most effective ways of working
- your desired life outcomes
We will then put these pieces of information together, like pieces in a jigsaw, to explore in what type of role, job, career or business you would find most fulfilment and success. We will consider your options and, when you are ready to pursue one of them, we can create a strategy for implementing your desired career change. You may need to close any skills gaps or do some research about the realities of the new career you want to create. We can also explore ideas for reducing the risks associated with your career change, if that’s a concern of yours.
WHAT OUTCOME CAN YOU EXPECT?
The outcome of your career coaching journey could be:
- a re-engagement with your current career
- switching employers
- a career change
- setting up your own business
- creating a portfolio career
Whatever your desired outcome, I encourage you to look at your job as more than just a means to pay your bills: a career that empowers rather than traps you.
To become a coach click here